SHOP IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME! CASH ON DELIVERY ACCEPTED AND FREE SHIPPING ON PURCHASES OVER PHP 1,000! SHOP ONLINE
Freeway Art Bag Design Contest Year 5
As Freeway welcomes another year, the much-anticipated Freeway Art Bag Design Contest is also back on its 5th Year! Sharing its mission to revolutionize the meaning of fashionalism, Freeway once again opens its doors to young creative minds nationwide to show off their creative skills and be part of Freeway’s vision to promote Philippine Art & Culture through innovative interpretations in its annual contest. The past contests held for the past 4 years were huge hit with over 300 outstanding nationalistic-themed entries. So get those creative juices going and join the fun! Submit your work now and get a chance to win amazing prizes from Freeway!
This year’s theme is: “Filipino Throwback”
To join the Freeway Art Bag Design Contest
Read the full contest mechanics below. Download the “Art Bag template” by clicking this link.
Using the Art Bag template, submit your artwork. Upload your entry here at the Freeway Art Bag Contest Facebook App/tab or (Click here for the mobile site). Applicant should submit an originally designed artwork that includes the elements of Nationalism, Filipino pride OR our country’s Art and Culture and adhere to this year’s theme: “Filipino Throwback”. It can be in traditional mediums such as oil, watercolor, charcoal, pen and ink or modern digital graphics. No actual artwork needs to be submitted, just a digital file or good quality photo of the artwork in the Art Bag template. Submission of entries starts on January 20 and will be accepted only until March 8, 2017.
Wait for FREEWAY to upload your entry here on to the Freeway Art Bag Contest Facebook App/Tab. Voting period is March 9 until March 22, 2017 and is 10% of the criteria. You may have your artwork produced on Freeway bags with your name credited as the artist! Be creative and have fun!
Freeway Art Bag Design Contest 2017 Mechanics
- Individuals must read the Mechanics of this promotion before participating in the contest.
- All submitted entries shall become property of Freeway and shall have full ownership rights over the submitted entries. Freeway has the right to use or publish all submitted materials (design, text and photographs) under the company’s discretion to promote the program, publicize the activities of Freeway.
- Contest period is from January 20 – March 8, 2017. Submission of entries will be accepted only until March 8, 2017 11:59PM. Contestant can be Male or Female with creative minds, residing in the Philippines.
- Log on to your Facebook account and go to Freeway Facebook (www.facebook.com/FreewayOnline). Click the Freeway Art Bag Contest Facebook App/tab. Download the Art Bag template by clicking this link. Using the Art Bag template (Photoshop Document [.psd]), submit your artwork in JPEG file format. Do NOT edit the background or put any design on the Art Bag Template, keep it simple. Upload your entry here via the Freeway Art Bag Contest Facebook App/tab along with your Entry Title, your First and Last name and other information. (If you do not know how to use the Art Bag Template, skip item #4 and proceed to item #5.)
- Having a hard time using the Art Bag template? Log on to your Facebook account and upload your scanned or good quality photo of your artwork instead via the Freeway Art Bag Contest Facebook App/Tab. Size should be in landscape orientation. 9 x 6 inches, at least 300DPI Resolution, and JPEG File. This shall be accepted as well. File size should not exceed 3MB.
- You may use traditional mediums such as oil, watercolor, charcoal, pen and ink or modern digital graphics. Images or texts are allowed or a combination of both. No actual artwork or a bag design needs to be submitted, just a digital file or good quality photo of the artwork. Contestants should design the artwork for Freeway’s tote bag and NOT the bag itself. Original artwork of winning pieces may be requested for production purpose. Your artwork must include the elements of Nationalism, Filipino pride OR our country’s Art and Culture and must adhere to the theme: “Filipino Throwback”.
- Artwork should be the contestant’s ORIGINAL design/ concept. Any artwork that is previously used or owned by any other individual/organization is not allowed and will be disqualified. Using iconic characters, bands, logos, celebrities, or copyrighted images, foul or provocative language or images in your entry will lead to disqualification. Every submission will be screened and researched by Freeway team before approval.
- There are no maximum submissions per individual but all entries will be screened by our moderators. Do not send the same entry more than once. If approved, it will be posted on to the Freeway Art Bag Contest Facebook App within 7 business days upon submission and will be part of the shortlisted entries qualified for judging & voting.
- Official voting period starts March 9, 2017 6:00PM until March 22, 2017. This app can be seen when you click the Freeway Art Bag Contest Tab at the left side of Freeway’s Facebook page.
- During screening, Freeway has the right not to post entries from the gallery that do not follow the guidelines set. See Mechanics Item numbers 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 for the guidelines. If entry does not meet ALL the requirements, it will be disqualified and the participant shall be informed why the entry was not approved. Only qualified entries will be available in the gallery and eligible for voting & judging.
- Vote for your fave artwork! Anyone who has a Facebook account and fan of Freeway Facebook may vote. Log on to your Facebook account, go to Freeway’s Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/FreewayOnline) and click the Freeway Art Bag Contest Facebook App/Tab to vote. Click the check box to vote for your favorite entry. Only one vote per entry per person daily but you can vote for as many different entries as you want.
- The winner will be judged according to the following criteria: 35% for Creativity, 25% for Originality, 30% Relevance to theme and 10% votes for a total of 100% and will be held at Freeway Head Office, 30-40 Lubiran St. Bacood, Sta. Mesa, Manila.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
Use of the imagination or ideas in the production of an artistic work.
Ability to think independently or design something in a manner different from what was thought possible or normal previously, and execute artistic characted and imagination.
30% Relevance to theme: “Filipino Throwback”
The manner on how the design is provided a clear image and relevance to the theme
10% Voter’s Choice
Percentage of total votes earned by each entry during the voting period
- There will be 1 grand winner. The winner will receive Php 10,000 cash and Php 10,000 worth Freeway Gift Certificates. The winning design will also be put into production as part of Freeway’s National Artist Collector’s Series 2017 together with the featured National Artist which has yet to be revealed. The grand winner will also be invited as a VIP guest to the Freeway National Artist Collector’s Series 2017 Launch Event. There may be slight revisions to the actual artwork (to improve colors and marketability). The name of the winners will be featured on the official hangtags of the winning bags.
- In any case after screening and verifying entries, a submission is proven copied and/or stolen, entry will be disqualified and will be removed from the gallery even if the stolen artwork is already uploaded by the moderators. Prize will be forfeited and given to the next highest scoring entry. Contestant will be informed through phone and/or registered mail.
- Gift certificates are not convertible to cash but valid until fully consumed.
- Judging of grand winners will be held on March 23, 20164:00PM at Freeway Head Office 30-40 Lubiran St. Bacood, Sta. Mesa, Manila. A participant can only win once.
- A DTI representative will be present during the determination of grand winners.
- Announcement of grand winner will be on March 24, 2017. The winner will be notified through phone and registered mail.
- Prizes shall be claimed at Freeway Head Office, 30-40 Lubiran St. Bacood, Sta. Mesa, Manila. For provincial winners, prizes shall be claimed at the nearest Freeway or The Row store. Click here for store locator.
- Redemption of prizes is within 60 days from receipt of notification. Prizes not claimed within sixty (60) days shall be forfeited with prior DTI approval.
- When claiming the prizes, the winner must present the registered notice plus two (2) valid ID’s.
- Freeway shall shoulder the 20% tax issued for prizes exceeding P10,000.
- All employees of Freeway Head Office and their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the contest.
Submission of entries: January 20 – March 8, 2017
Voting period: March 9 – March 22, 2017
Announcement of winner: March 24, 2017.
You can email email@example.com or call (+632) 242-9448 or text 0906 097 9197 for any additional questions.
DTI-FTEB PERMIT NO. 0547 SERIES OF 2017.