SHOP IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME! CASH ON DELIVERY ACCEPTED AND FREE SHIPPING ON PURCHASES OVER PHP 1,000! SHOP ONLINE
Freeway Art Bag Design Contest Year 4
As Freeway welcomes another year, the much-anticipated Freeway Art Bag Design Contest is also back on its 4th Year! Sharing its mission to revolutionize the meaning of fashionalism, Freeway once again opens its doors to young creative minds nationwide to show off their creative skills and be part of Freeway’s vision to promote Philippine Art & Culture through innovative interpretations in its annual contest. The past contests held for the past 3 years were huge hit with over 200 outstanding nationalistic-themed entries. So get those creative juices going and join the fun! Submit your work now and get a chance to win amazing prizes from Freeway!
To join the Freeway Art Bag Design Contest
Read the full contest mechanics below. Download the “Art Bag template” by clicking this link.
Using the Art Bag template, submit your artwork. Upload your entry at the Freeway Art Bag Contest Facebook App/tab. Applicant should submit an originally designed artwork that includes the elements of Nationalism, Filipino pride OR our country’s Art and Culture. It can be in traditional mediums such as oil, watercolor, charcoal, pen and ink or modern digital graphics. No actual artwork needs to be submitted, just a digital file or good quality photo of the artwork in the Art Bag template. Submission of entries starts on January 5 and will be accepted only until February 29, 2016.
Wait for FREEWAY to upload your entry on to the Freeway Art Bag Contest Facebook App/Tab. Once uploaded, invite your friends to vote for your entry on the Facebook contest app. Voting ends on March 15, 2016 and is 20% of the criteria. You may have your artwork produced on Freeway bags with your name credited as the artist! Be creative and have fun!
Freeway Art Bag Design Contest 2015 Complete Mechanics
- Individuals must read the Terms and Conditions / Mechanics of this promotion before participating in the contest.
- All submitted entries shall become property of Freeway and shall have full ownership rights over the submitted entries. Freeway has the right to use or publish all submitted materials (design, text and photographs) under the company’s discretion to promote the program, publicize the activities of Freeway, and etc.
- Contest is from January 5 – February 29, 2016. Submission of entries will be accepted only until February 29, 2016. Voting starts January 5 to March 15, 2015. Contestant can be Male or Female with creative minds, residing in the Philippines.
- Log on to your Facebook account and go to Freeway Facebook (www.facebook.com/FreewayOnline). Click the Freeway Art Bag Contest Facebook App/tab. Download the Art Bag template by clicking this link. Using the Art Bag template, submit your artwork in JPEG file. Do NOT edit the background or put any designs on the Art Bag template, keep it simple. Upload your entry via the Freeway Art Bag Contest Facebook App/tab along with your Entry Title, your First and Last name and other information. (If you do not know how to use the Art Bag Template, skip item #4 and proceed to item #5.)
- Having a hard time using the Art Bag template? Log on to your Facebook account and upload your scanned or good quality photo of your artwork instead via the Freeway Art Bag Contest Facebook App/Tab. Size should be in landscape orientation. 9 x 6 inches, at least 300DPI Resolution, and JPEG File. This shall be accepted as well. File should not exceed 3mb.
- You may use traditional mediums such as oil, watercolor, charcoal, pen and ink or modern digital graphics. Images or texts are allowed or a combination of both. No actual artwork or a bag design needs to be submitted, just a digital file or good quality photo of the artwork. Contestants should design the artwork for Freeway’s tote bag and NOT the bag itself. Original artwork of winning pieces may be requested for production purpose. Your artwork must include the elements of Nationalism, Filipino pride OR our country’s Art and Culture.
- There are no maximum submissions per individual but all entries will be screened by our moderators. If approved, it will be posted on to the Freeway Art Bag Contest Facebook App within 7 business days upon submission. This app can be seen when you click the Freeway Art Bag Contest Tab at the left side of Freeway’s Facebook page. Do not send the same entry more than once.
- Artwork should be the contestant’s ORIGINAL design/ concept. Any artwork that is previously used or owned by any other individual/organization is not allowed. Every submission will be screened and researched by Freeway team. Also, please refrain from using iconic characters, bands, logos, celebrities, etc. in your entry.
- During screening, Freeway has the right not to post entries from the gallery that do not follow the guidelines set. See Mechanics Item numbers 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 for the guidelines. If entry does not meet ALL the requirements, it will be disapproved and the participant shall be informed why the entry was not approved.
- In any case after 7 days of screening and a contestant’s submission is proven copied and/or stolen, contestant will be disqualified and the entry will be removed from the gallery even if the stolen artwork is already uploaded by the moderators. Contestant will be informed through phone and/or registered mail.
- Vote for your fave artwork! Anyone who has a Facebook account and fan of Freeway Facebook may vote. Log on to your Facebook account, go to Freeway’s Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/FreewayOnline) and click the Freeway Art Bag Contest Facebook App/Tab to vote. Click the check box to vote for your favorite entry. Only one vote per entry per person, but can vote for as many entries as you want.
- Winners will be judged according to the following criteria: 30% for Creativity, 20% for Originality, 30% Relevance to Nationalism and 20% votes for a total of 100% and will be held at Freeway Head Office, 996 Pablo Ocampo Sr. Street Malate Manila.
- There will be 2 grand winners. Each winner will receive Php 10,000 cash and Php 10,000 worth Freeway Gift Certificates. The winning designs will also be put into production as part of Freeway’s National Artist Collector’s Series 2016 without remuneration on the winners together with the featured National Artist which has yet to be revealed. There may be slight revisions to the actual artwork (to improve colors and marketability). The name of the winners will be featured on the hangtags of the winning bags.
- Gift certificates are not convertible to cash but valid until fully consumed.
- Judging of grand winners will be held on March 24, 2016 3PM at Freeway Head Office 996 Pablo Ocampo Sr. Street Malate, Manila. Last day of voting in Facebook is on March 15, 2016 at 3PM. A participant can only win once.
- A DTI representative will be present during the determination of grand winners.
- The grand winners will be notified through phone and registered mail.
- Prizes shall be claimed at the new Freeway Head Office, 30-40 Lubiran St. Bacood, Sta. Mesa, Manila. For provincial winners, prizes shall be claimed at the nearest Ensembles store or from stores of any sister brands Freeway and Solo.
- Redemption of prizes is within 60 days from date of notification. Prizes not claimed within sixty (60) days shall be forfeited with prior DTI approval.
- When claiming the prizes, the winners must present the registered notice plus two (2) valid ID’s.
- Freeway shall shoulder the 20% tax issued for prizes exceeding P10,000.
- All employees of Freeway Head Office and their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the contest.
- You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+632) 5250862 for any additional questions.