SHOP IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME! CASH ON DELIVERY ACCEPTED AND FREE SHIPPING ON PURCHASES OVER PHP 1,000! SHOP ONLINE
Freeway Art Bag Design Competition 2013
At Freeway, fashionalism is not just about Philippine fashion. It’s about dedication and commitment. Early next year, Freeway shares its mission to champion the spirit of fashionalism as the brand launches its first ever Art Bag Design Competition – the winning designs will be put into production as part of Freeway’s National Artist Collector’s Series Summer 2013 together with the featured National Artist which has yet to be revealed. Freeway encourages young creative minds to showcase Filipino talent and fulfill Freeway’s vision to showcase Philippines Art & Culture through innovative interpretations. To join the competition, submit your design online – it can be digital image, photo of own artwork in different mediums (pen and ink, oil, watercolor, pastel and others). Designs must include the elements of nationalism, Filipino pride or country’s art and culture. All approved submissions will be uploaded on Freeway’s Facebook Page for voting. Contest period starts January 1 to February 15, 2013. The winning designs will be produced by Freeway with the designer’s name on the hangtags. Winning designers will also receive cash prizes, shopping spree and gifts from sponsors.
It’s easy to join! Just follow these steps:
Visit the Contest Mechanics page at www.freewayonline.com.ph or facebook.com/FreewayOnline for the complete set of rules. Grab a “Freeway Art Bag Design Contest” application form from any Freeway store or click this to download.
Applicant should submit an originally designed artwork that includes the elements of nationalism, Filipino pride or our country’s art and culture together with the application form. It can be in traditional mediums such as oil, watercolor, charcoal, pen and ink or modern digital graphics. Paper/canvas size should be 16×11 inches (A3) in landscape orientation. No actual artwork needs to be submitted, just a digital file or good quality photo of the artwork. You may send your entry to email@example.com
Wait for FREEWAY to upload your artwork on facebook (facebook.com/FreewayOnline). Once uploaded, invite your friends to vote for your entry on the Freeway Art Bag Design Contest App. Voting ends on February 28, 2013 and is 20% of the criteria. The two winning bags will be launched together with the next National Artist Collectors Series in May of 2013. You may have your artwork produced on Freeway bags with your name credited as the artist! Be creative and have fun!
DOWNLOAD THE FREEWAY ART BAG DESIGN APPLICATION FORM, CLICK THIS LINK.
Below are sample entries from us. We need your ARTWORK and not the design of the bag itself.
Note: We’ll be the one to provide the tote bag image on the left side. We just need a good quality photo / image of your artwork.
Freeway Art Bag Design Contest FULL Mechanics
- Individuals must read the Terms and Conditions / Mechanics of this promotion before participating in the contest. Freeway has the right to use or publish all submitted materials (artwork, text and photographs) under the company’s discretion to promote the program, publicize the activities of Freeway, and others.
- Freeway has the right to use or publish all submitted materials (design, text and photographs) under the company’s discretion to promote the program, publicize the activities of Freeway, and etc.
- Contest is from January 1 – February 15, 2013. Submission of entries will be accepted only until February 15, 2013. Voting starts January 1 to February 28, 2013. Contestant can be Male or Female with creative minds, residing in the Philippines.
- Submit your artwork! It can be in traditional mediums such as oil, watercolor, charcoal, pen and ink or modern digital graphics. Images or texts are allowed or a combination of both. No actual artwork needs to be submitted, just a digital file or good quality photo of the artwork. Original artwork may be requested of winning pieces for production purpose.
- When sending the artwork, size should be in landscape orientation. 16 x 11 inches (or A3 size), at least 300DPI Resolution, and JPEG File. You may send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your application form. Subject should be “Freeway Art Bag Design Entry.” Your artwork must include the elements of nationalism, Filipino pride OR country’s art and culture.
- The application form is available at all FREEWAY stores or can be downloaded HERE.
- There are no maximum submissions, but each artwork would need its individual application form. Your entry will be screened by our moderators if approved and will be uploaded on to the Freeway Art Bag Design Contest Facebook App within 5 business days upon submission. This app can be seen when you click the Freeway Art Bag Design Contest Tab under Freeway’s facebook cover photo.
- The artwork should be the contestant’s ORIGINAL design/ concept and not previously used or owned by any other individual/organization. Every submission will be screened and researched by Freeway team. If submission is proven copied and/or stolen, contestant will be disqualified.
- During screening, Freeway has the right not to post entries which do not follow the guidelines set. See Mechanics Item numbers 5, 6 and 7 for the guidelines. You will be notified whether your entry has been approved or not. If entry does not meet ALL the requirements, it will be disapproved and the participant shall be informed why the entry was not approved.
- Vote for your fave artwork! Anyone who has a facebook account and fan of Freeway facebook may vote. Log on to your account, go to Freeway’s facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/FreewayOnline) and click the Freeway Art Bag Contest Tab to vote. Click the check box to vote for your favorite entry. Only one vote per entry per person, but can vote as many entries as you want.
- Winners will be judged according to the following criteria: 30% for Creativity, 20% for Originality, 30% Relevance to Nationalism and 20% votes for a total of 100% and will be held at Elite Garments International office, 996 Pablo Ocampo Sr. St., Malate, Manila.
- There will be 2 grand winners. Each winner will receive a 16gb iPad Mini and Php 10,000 worth Freeway Gift Certificates. The winning pieces will also be will be put into production as part of Freeway’s National Artist Collector’s Series Summer 2013 together with the featured National Artist which has yet to be revealed. There may be slight revisions to the actual artwork (to improve colors and marketability). The name of the winners will be featured on the hangtags.
- Gift certificates are not convertible to cash but valid until fully consumed.
- Judging of grand winners will be held on March 5, 2013 3PM at Elite Garments International Inc. Office at 996 Pablo Ocampo Sr. St., Malate, Manila. Last day of voting in facebook is on February 28, 2013 at 3PM. A participant can only win once.
- There’s no need for a bag design. Contestants should design the artwork for Freeway’s tote bag and not necessarily the bag.
- A DTI representative will be present during the determination of finalists and winners.
- The finalists and winners will be notified through phone and registered mail.
- Prizes shall be claimed at Elite Garments International office, 996 Pablo Ocampo Sr. St., Malate,Manila. For provincial winners, prizes shall be claimed at the nearest Ensembles store or from stores of any sister brands Freeway and Solo.
- Redemption of prizes is within 60 days from date of notification. Prizes not claimed within sixty (60) days shall be forfeited with prior DTI approval.
- When claiming the prizes, the winners must present the registered notice plus two (2) valid ID’s.
- Elite Garments International Inc. shall shoulder the 20% tax issued for prizes exceeding P10,000.
- All employees of Elite Garments International and their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the contest.
- You can email email@example.com or call (+632) 5250862 for any additional questions.